Happy New Year 2017! Kombucha Champagne and Pine Cone Almond Dip.
Two fun recipes for your New Year's Eve table.
Kombucha champagne will help to offside the negative impact of alcohol (well, at least it sounds good :-) ) and our raw vegan dip is not only healthy but looks really cute, can't you agree?
Here is what you need:
- 1 part Sparkling wine (chilled)
- 1 part Kombucha (your favorite flavor)
- 2-3 small leaves of parsley or rosemary
Combine all ingredients in a glass and enjoy!
Pine Cone Almond Dip (raw vegan)
2 cups of almonds soaked overnight
1-2 cups of unsoaked almonds (or soaked and dried) for the decoration
2 cups of spring water
1 tsp of your favorite spices (I used 1/2 tsp of Tuscan blend and 1/2 tsp of other herb blend I purchased in a bulk section of a local International food store)
Pink salt - few dashes
1 Tbsp of chia seeds (not soaked)
1 garlic clove
1. Combine soaked and drained almonds together with spring water in a high speed blender. Process until smooth.
2. Add spices, garlic, onion and salt, and blend for 15 more seconds.
3. Lastly add chia seeds, so the mixture can thicken up.
4. Shape the nut "cheese" mixture into two small pine cones on a serving plate.
5. Place almonds into the dip mixture on a slight angle, forming rows.
6. Garnish with rosemary or parsley to resemble pine needles.
7. Serve with raw vegetables.