Do you, guys, love pumpkin as much as I do?
Did you know that our raw vegan Pumpkin Pie Bars are made with dates, walnuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, raw sprouted buckwheat groats, dried pumpkin, pumpkin spice, cinnamon? And yes, they actually contain a REAL DRIED PUMPKIN and not just spices.
You can get them at our online store year round, however today we are talking about pumpkin seeds. Did you know that pumpkin seeds are actually very good for you? As you are cleaning out the pumpkins for Halloween or for a healthful meal, be sure to place the seeds in a bowl of cold water and set aside until you are done carving the pumpkin. After they are clean and dry, they are ready to season and roast!
Here are top 8 benefits of eating pumpkin seeds from Dr. Mercola's article:
1. Heart Healthy Magnesium.
2. Zinc for Immune Support and Prostate Health.
3. Plant-Based Omega-3 Fats.
4. Anti-Diabetic Effects.
5. Benefits for Postmenopausal Women due to pumpkin seed oil being rich in natural phytoestrogens.
6. Rich in healthy fats, antioxidants and fibers, pumpkin seeds provide benefits for heart and liver health.
7. Tryptophan for Restful Sleep.
8. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits.
Check out this video for all the great benefits of Pumpkin Seeds along with two recipes for roasting your pumpkin seeds.
Don’t forget to send in your pictures like @lisalin1984 did. Check out our #goodcravings Raw Chocolate Bar all the way in East Glacier Park in Montana!! Thanks for including our bar in your beautiful adventures!! Tag us to see yours featured here too!!