Stuffed Round Zucchini Vegan Style
Saturday morning, Woodlands Farmer's Market, another working day for our company, or (to be exact) me setting up our booth with the product... and... there I see these babies... perfectly round green cuties from Benson Bunch Farm, that instantly give you no choice but get them in your shopping bag, and think what kind of stuffing you will use.
So here is what I have come up with:
2 medium round zucchinis
1 cup button mushrooms
1/2 pack of tofu
1/2 cup creamy white peas (H-E-B sells them)
2-3 broccoli florets
1/2 yellow onion
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
salt, pepper to taste
1. Heat the skillet and melt your coconut oil.
2. Add chopped onion to the pan, and cook for few minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the onion is soft and slightly yellow, add sliced mushrooms, and saute for another 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile dice the tofu into small cubes.
5. Add chopped broccoli, tomatoes and cream peas to the skillet.
6. Now you can add your favorite spices. I went for coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper for this one. Stir again and cook for few more minutes.
7. Cut off the top of the zucchini.
8. Lastly add chopped tofu to the stuffing mix. Stir well, cook for 2 minutes.
9. Scoop out zucchini flesh and reserve for another recipe.
10. Carefully fill each zucchini with prepared stuffing mix.
11. Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
12. Bake zucchini for about 15-20 minutes until soft. Serve hot.